Re: Convairs and GT6s

To: Gonaj@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Convairs and GT6s
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:46:46 EST
In a message dated 1/20/00 12:06:29 PM, Gonaj@aol.com writes:

<< You touched a sore spot.
The only thing unsafe at any speed was Ralph Nader's mouth.
I loved the way those early Corvairs handled, and they were also great snow
cars.

George >>

I remember seeing an early and new Triumph GT6 driven by an untalented boob
practicing for a gymkhana in '67,  They had the same sort of swing axles as
the Corvairs Nader blasted.  When this GT6 driver slammed on the brakes and
jerked the wheel to one side the whole darn rear end of the car sort of
lifted, with the outside wheel coming clear of the ground and tucking in.
Scary!  The sad part about the Corvair is that by the time Nader's book came
out most of the problems had been corrected and the final cars were great, or
so I'm told.

Jay Donoghue
72MGB
66Mustang