Freeway sputtering

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Freeway sputtering
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:45:23 -0800
I've got a '76 Roadster w/Z-S carb that I've got a stubborn problem to fix.
When I'm cruisin down the freeway, all of a sudden the power drops way down
and I can't go above 40mph. There is no back-firing, rough running just no
umph. Then I pull over to the side of the road (still running) and idle for
a little bit and then it clears up and I'm able to drive a while longer.  I
replaced the fuel pump thinking that it was the problem, I made it 50 miles
but the problem returned.  I'm going to try to work on it tomorrow.  Any
suggestions?

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA
'76 MGB Roadster