Re: GT headliner

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT headliner
From: JTPAKI@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:43:57 EST
In a message dated 1/24/00 5:50:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
NICKLEST@uwplatt.edu writes:

>  recently purchased a 1967 MGB GT, and the headliner is sagging badly.  I
> was
>  going to re glue the material to the fiber board in the roof but it turns
>  out that the PO had glued the headliner directly to a piece of foam and
then
>  the foam directly to the bottom of the roof panel.  My question is (since I
>  don't have another GT to look at) is that the way it is supposed to be?
Or
> am
>  I missing some sort of panel up there?
>
>  thanks in advance,
>  thanks,
>  67 MGB-GT

I pulled my headliner and all that is up there is fabric (vinyl) then a thin
layer of foam.  There is no way to fix it.  It will always be a problem. It
is difficult to get correct and nice looking.  I ordered a new one from Moss
and had an auto upholstery shop install it.  They charged me about $180.00
which seemed about right.  I replaced it with a felt one that looks better
than the vinyl.  Its just fabric and foam, I believe the upholstery shop
could have sourced material that would have done just as well as the stuff I
got from Moss,  however the kit came with some instructions and was complete
and accurate.  It also came with a new rear cap piece and the two c pillar
caps in fiberglass and precovered.

Joe Potter
73 MGB GT