Re: Your Cars

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Your Cars
From: Steve Shoyer <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:45:14 -0500
A fairly short list...

1970 Olds Cutlass ($200 used car, and actually owned by Mom when I was in
high school)
1982 Honda Accord LX hatchback (sold after 8 years, 160,000 miles)
1990 Acura Integra GS hatchback (my daily driver, great car after 10 years
and 108,000 miles)
1997 Volvo 850 GLT (my wife's daily driver)
1980 MGB (bought last year)

I think the MGB has been the most fun so far.  The Cutlass had a big engine,
got lousy gas mileage (9 MPG), held 8 comfortably (high school) and shook if
it hit 100 (high school).  The Accord was great, except it went through
front brakes and the speedo only went to 85.  The Integra has been almost
flawless, and is still fun to drive, except we have another child due in a
few months and I can't see using two car seats in the back.  The Volvo has
been good, except the dealer can't figure out why it keeps losing coolant or
why the "check engine" light is on (but they like charging us to keep trying
to fix it - the warranty expired 1500 miles ago).

--Steve Shoyer (1980 MGB, the car I always wanted)