Re: Parachuting MGB/splat!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parachuting MGB/splat!
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:23:54 -0400
There's a segment on this in "MGs Across America".  ' Think I remember some
discussion about how they couldn't sell it as a used car - even with only
7000 feet on it!  8^)   They showed some footage of the car.

Allen

>From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
>
>This reminds me of the story I read years ago about MG trying to film an ad
>just like this one.  They had a problem, though.  When the car went out of
>the back of the cargo aircraft the pilot-chute deployed well, stabilizing the
>pallet right-side up.  However, the mains never popped, so the car hit, dead
>flat, at whatever speed an MG attains at terminal velocity.  The car was the
>flattest MG ever.
>
>Jay Donoghue
>72 MGB
>66 Mustang

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333