Progress on my rear end

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Progress on my rear end
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:25:30 -0800
Yesterday I found a GSLSE rear end at a local pick and pull.
I blew it and accidentally bought the exchange policy for an
extra $45 so the whole assembly cost me $250.  A friend will
give me a late model MGB rear end to scavenge for parts.

So, I've got all of the big pieces of hardware that I need to
put it together.  I do have some questions for the list:

1) While I'm at it, I'll probably want to go to tube shocks.
What is involved in the tube shock conversion?  Is it a bolt on?
Are there any shocks that work particularly well?  Does anyone in
the Santa Cruz / San Jose area have an MGB (GT?) with the conversion
that I can look at?  What does it cost?

2) My normal welder is moving this week, then going on vacation for
three weeks at the end of next week.  Does anyone have any fabricators
or welders in this area (Santa Cruz/San Jose) that they reccomend?

3) Likewise, I'll need to find someone to cut down the half shafts to
fit the narrowed rear end.  Does anyone have any leads on a good place
for that?

   Larry

--
Computer guru:  Someone who read the manual.
lrc@red4est.com                                 http://www.red4est.com/lrc