Sunday

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunday
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:37:54 -0400
Hey Michael, you've got a displaced Minnesotan down here in SW Virginia
reading your message and suffering a bit of nostalgia.  Actually here in
the Appalachian mountains we've had temperatures right around zero these
last two or three mornings (like Winona in May, right?), and my
Minnesota-raised daughter down in Raleigh NC writes that with 18 inches of
snow on the ground down there, she feels like a six-year-old kid in
Minneapolis again.

For the rest of you, here's your LBC content: Michael's daydreams may be
filled with thoughts of cruising along the Mississippi on US 61 between Red
Wing and LaCrosse on one of the most beautiful top-down LBC drives in the
country.  We were up there in our '76 a few years ago and stopped to chat
with the owner of a white '77 we saw parked alongside Lake Pepin.  When the
rest of you attend MG 2001 in St Paul, plan on that river drive!

Actually, Michael, I've done that road in MGs twice in the wintertime - in
December of '89 in a '75 B I no longer own, and in December of '90 in a '71
GT I have also sold.  24 below zero all the way from Madison to Minneapolis
in '90 - but that's another story.  Suffice it to say I'm still here.

Allen

>From: Michael Walter <mwalter@luminet.net>
>
>As I sit here in Minnesota, hearing about the sub-zero weather to continue,
>I take comfort in seeing the discussions of MG get togethers in warmer
>climes.
>
>Since the Vikings didn't make it again, I may still not watch the
>Superbowl. I think I will bundle up warmly, go out to my unheated garage,
>sit in my midget and daydream of summer.
>
>Think of your frozen brethren this weekend.
>

>=========================
>Michael Walter - Winona, MN
>mwalter@luminet.net
>http://www.luminet.net/~mwalter/
>
>"There is a price to be paid for owning a piece of automotive history"
>old truck (his) - new Honda (hers) - '81 Harley (his)
>'79Midget (to be decided)

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333