Re: double / single clutch

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: double / single clutch
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:51:03 -0000
Having owned BL cars since the 60s I have never had one yet where I could
guarantee getting into either 1st, synchro or not, or reverse first time.
As far as 1st goes I very soon learned that if it baulked a quick pull back
to 2nd and push forward again, clutch still down, almost always does the
trick.  It seems the synchro rings for 2nd seem to align 1st somehow.  And
like you, it is now second nature (well after 30+ years it would be).
Failing that, and for reverse, it is a case of into neutral clutch up clutch
down (pause if selecting reverse or it crunches) into gear.

PaulH.