Re: can't remove the brake piston

To: bachldrs@swva.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: can't remove the brake piston
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:22:18 EST
In a message dated 1/31/00 11:56:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bachldrs@swva.net writes:

<< I'm trying to remember how I made this.  Forgive me, it's been a very long
 time.  But I made up a fitting that goes where the hose normally attaches,
 with a zirk fitting on it.  I just pump it full of grease and that forces
 the pistons out.  You're going to clean it all up when you rebuild it
 anyway - so the grease won't hurt anything. >>

I would shy away from filling a brake caliper with grease.  It is not a good
idea to contaminate brake fluid with a petroleum product, and unless you
separate the halves of the caliper (which is not recommended) you will have
lots of trouble getting all the grease out.  Stick to compressed air.

Just my 2 cents.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget