Battery Size information needed. HELP!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery Size information needed. HELP!
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 05:23:26 -0600
I assumed all the after market battery boxes for MGs are alike. Moss says a
group 21, or 26 battery will fit. I took the box to two suppliers. The fist
was one of these "we have every battery made" places. Their group 26 battery
wouldn't even fit in the opening. The salesman said he didn't have a group
21, and they were for Miatas. Do you know if this is true?

The second place was Pep Boys. Their group 26 battery would fit in the
opening as far as the place where the walls make the opening narrower. I
measured the floor of the box, and it came out to 1/4 inch smaller than the
battery. Same problem for the depth. Battery just a bit too big.

OK, who has batteries that fit? I can't be the only one who has bought one
of these boxes. We have a local Miata dealer, but I would never buy a
battery, or anything else, from a dealer.

Help!

Jack