Re: Battery Size information needed. HELP!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Size information needed. HELP!
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 11:25:38 -0400
We know these group 26 batteries fit the original  6-volt  MGB battery
boxes.  I once had to file down those hold down extrusions David Deutsch
refers to in order to make one fit.  ' Hated to do that - it would surely
void the warrenty - but after a one-hour trip to get it, I wasn't in a mood
to go back on a possibly vain search for one without the extrusions.

But Jack raises another question for which I don't have the answer.  Are
the plastic battery box liners too small for these?  I don't use a battery
box liner for the battery itself - I use one for a spare-parts box in place
of the other battery no longer needed.  If the original battery box is so
rusted that it will no longer support a battery, I'd also take a careful
look at the nearby spring hanger (two words?) and other structural
environs.

Allen B...

>From: REasterby@aol.com
>
>I picked mine up a K Mart. It fit with out a problem, tight but it makes it.
>Good Luck.
>Ray Easterby
>72 BGT orig owner
>88 Xj 40

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333