Re: Battery Size info / battery cutoff switch

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Battery Size info / battery cutoff switch
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@APK.NET>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 10:13:57 -0500
Bob,

If the starter relay spontaneously fails (corrosion or moisture caused), the
starter will engage. I wouldn't believe it if it hadn't happened to me. There
I was, alone in the warehouse with my car collection, happy as a lark.
Suddenly, an MGB 35 feet away decided to start itself. It scared the bejeezis
out of me. I calmly put my tools away and ran like hell out of there. Went
home early that night.

Good reason to stop this dangerous practice of parking in gear. Use the
parking brake to hold the car. if it doesn't work.... fix it.

Jim