Re: emissions Now:damn strombergs/brake booster

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: Re: emissions Now:damn strombergs/brake booster
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:57:16 -0800
"Those Damn Z-S's"  What an appropriate name of an article! :)
Thanks for finding that, because I am struggling with diagnosing a problem
with mine (and I am a rank amateur).

I've brought this up before and got several good suggestions (which I'm
trying one at a time!).  The car ('76 MGB) runs good around town, then when
I hit the open road it'll be fine until I've been running about 20 mi. or
so.  Then there is a loss of power and 40 mph is the max I can muster...then
I pull to the side of the road, still idling and it clears up. Then I'm good
for another few miles.

My question is: I've got another problem and I wonder if it is related.
There is a air leak coming from the brake box in the cockpit that stops if I
push on the brake pedal.  I've been told that it is a vacuum leak from the
brake booster.  Can this affect the carb?  Should I fix the booster 1st
before dinking around with the carb?

Join the MG Intranet!
E-mail me for an invitation & directions

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA
'76 MGB Roadster
swconley@foxinternet.net