Re: engine mounts

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine mounts
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:43:07 -0800
Word on the street is that rsexson@excite.com said:
> I need some advice about the best way to install engine mounts when i
> reinstall the engine in my 74.5 B. Is it best to attach the mounts to the
> engine first and then lower the engine into place,or to fasten the mounts to
> the supports and then lower the engine on to the mounts?

I just went through this and I found I had to bolt the mounts to the
engine first.  The LH side mount to support bolts are a bit fiddly to get
in if the manifold is still in, but there's no way I could have lowered
the engine onto the mounts, at least not with my setup.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)