73 B Jumpin' Tach Needle

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 73 B Jumpin' Tach Needle
From: "danray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:05:14 -0500
Hi folks,
I just noticed today that my tach is behaving wildly. It jumps around
viciously but then seems to settle down to its normal self after a while /
warm up.
I was just wondering if this is an early symptom of something I should track
down and fix (faltering ground maybe?) or is it just the usual first of
spring driving Lucasisms that will settle down after I put some more miles
on her. Before I started fiddling I figured I'd ask if anyone has seen this
before.
I've let her sit too long due to all the salt on the street the last couple
of months (2 inches of snow and they liberally coat the streets here with
the stuff), but the recent heavy rains have made the streets LBC safe again
here in KY!
By the way, the throttle cable replacement with a heavy mountain bike cable
from the local Schwinn store was a piece of cake.
TIA
Dan
73 B