Re: BL badges

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BL badges
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:34:53 -0800
Craig D. Niederst wrote:

> I picked up a pair of the silver and blue BL front wing badges with a
> placement exactly right. I'd appreciate it. TIA.

            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Um, I think this is another one of those ain't no such thing as
perfectly original.  From what I recall, those BL badges weren't
exactly loved by MG folks.  Some cars got two, some cars got one,
some didn't get any at all.  And, I'm sure if you found a dozen
original cars you'd get at least 6 different mounting positions.

Remember, these cars were "still built by a miraculous device,
called the human hand".  No robots.  No precise down to the
micron.  Maybe your car didn't have them.

To me, it's part of the joy of the marque.

On the other hand, maybe you could reference that "original MGB"
book everyone loves so much and find reference to *exactly* where
they are *supposed* to be, along with pictures of "original" MGBs
with nice glossy painted undersides.

I'm still wondering why all my MGBs have undercoating...

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/