Be happy drive it all the time

To: barneymg@ntsource.com
Subject: Be happy drive it all the time
From: "Michael Torrusio" <mtorrusi@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:45:15 -0800
Glad to hear you have had a chance to drive your car.  I drive mine every
day.  Keeps it, and me happy: seals stay soft, brakes don't stick, engine
doesn't gum up.  Of course, being in Portland, Maine means every other day
car washing to stop the ungodly amount of salt our fair city fathers spread
around, but it seems like a small price to pay for the fun involved.

Have a question for you all.
Ever since I started driving, I have always stepped upon the clutch before
starting the engine.  I was taught, and it makes sense, that the starter
doesn't need the extra work of dragging the transmission gears around, when
it is starting the engine.
When I bought my '71 B, my mechanic stopped me and said that he has always
found the engine cranks over faster if the clutch is NOT depressed. ???!!!
Comments on this?
--
Ciao.

Mike.