Re: A floor question

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: A floor question
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:19:40 -0500
ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:

> I'm getting into my new B-GT and have found an asphalt-like compound on the
> flooring under the seats and in the foot well.  Is this normal on a GT with
> little or no apparent rust?  I ask because one of the DPOs did some
> exceedingly wacky things with the interior, and I wonder if this is one of
> them, or if this is as expected.
>
> Jay Donoghue
> 72MGB
> 72MGB GT
> 66Mustang
As I recall, it was a sound deadeding pad that was cut to fit around the
ribs in the floor. I think it is still avail in Moss. I did not refit
that as the floor gets wet often enough it is just easier to pull out
the carpets and let it dry. However you having a GT would benefit from
the sound deadening hopefully not having to worry about the rain :-)
Carl French