Update - No Flames Please

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update - No Flames Please
From: Kensington Furniture Company <kensington-fc@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:28:51 -0700
Thanks again for all the suggestions.

I spent yesterday afternoon running around town (with the Datsun
Roadster) and a brisk ride to work this morning (With the Top Off).
Yippie :-)  It's not stalling.

I checked everything you all suggested and could not find a problem.
So, what was it you say?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!?  FLOATS

The floats on the 1600 have to be set 14 to 15 mm and I had them at 14.5
and although it was correct it still did not work.

Then I remembered the needles were replaced with Gross jets which
shouldn't make a difference.  But..........,  I changed them to 12 mm to
see what more gas in there would do.  It works.  It's weird, but it
works.  So much for text book calibration.

So, I have added a new line to my "Not According to Spec Oddball
Adjustments Book".

Thanks again all!  And don't forget the Gross jets. ;-)

Jim
'70 1600 (running)
'70 1600 (hasn't moved in 25 yrs)