MGA floorboards

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA floorboards
From: abadeker@tribune.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:10:31 -0600
     Neil:
     I realize he is on the wrong continent as far as you're concerned, but
     Todd Clarke in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, sells full-size paper
     patterns of the floorboards if yours are too far gone to use for that
     purpose. I think they were about US$20. They also show the locations
     for the holes that secure the seat rails. The original hardware for
     the seat rails involved `T-bolts,' these unique threaded, flanged
     sleeves inserted from the underside of the boards that accepted
     fine-thread hex bolts; Todd sells kits of the proper bolts and
     T-bolts, washers, etc., as well as the floorboard bolts and
     accompanying broad, thin washers. As I recall, the floorboard bolts
     also secure the sheet metal of the tunnel to the floorboard rails ...
     Clarke Spares & Restorations
      90 West Swamp Road
      Dolestown, PA 18901
      USA
      Tel: (215) 348-0595
      Fax: (215) 348-4168

     Even using the patterns, you should expect to do a bit of
     rasping/chiseling and swearing to get them to fit, especially around
     the handbrake fitting. If I were doing it over, I might just buy the
     durn things from Moss. But I imagine you'd still have to rasp and
     swear.
     Andy Badeker
     MGA 1600 coupe