Re: newbie

To: geoffeg@sloth.org, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: newbie
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:40:35 EST
In a message dated 3/1/00 2:56:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, geoffeg@sloth.org
writes:

<< The DPO didn't want there
 to be any highbeams so they simply ripped all wires out for that including
 cutting and resoldering the wires at the stalk. They also cut and direct
 connected the panel switch (not a big deal). I also found on that if i
 turned on the right blinker, the left blinker and left fender light would
 blink but if i turned on the right blinker, nothing blinked. I started
 from scratch, took out the bundle under the grille, unhooked all the wires
 in the front of the car and labeled every single wire (lft hdlt -, rght
 hdlt low, rght trn -, etc) with tape and a sharpee. Now to figure out the
 mess at the stalk, ugh... >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ah...the pleasures of owning a previously owned LBC!  I think we have all
been thru it.  It amazes me to read some of the horror stories DPOs can
generate.

Look on the bright side.  You are getting an education and some great
experience, and your MG will love you for it.  Just be careful you don't let
any of the smoke out of the wires as you fix them.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport