Re: engine noise, loss of power

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine noise, loss of power
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 20:30:59 +1100
Alex,

If the motor has not been rebuilt during that 100,000mls then it could be
anything, but I would think from your description it sounds like a spun
bearing. If the noise started out quiet, and has increased then I would say
that is your problem. How is the oil pressure?

It could also be the crank, but thats unlikely, and just seems to happen to
me <G> and Barney. :)) Can you track down where the noise is emanating from?
Let it idle if it will for a few seconds and listen carefully. A bearing
noise will sound like it's coming right from the middle/bottom of the motor.
Whatever it is, don't run it very long. If it's a bearing, it will
disintegrate after time, and the rod will start smashing the crank causing
more damage.

Get back to us with more info if you can.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Neil
--