Re: Whoosh..

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: Whoosh..
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 05:46:55 -0500
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 11:47 AM 3/3/2000 +1100, Neil Cotty wrote:
> >.... I can get a crank here for about $130USD - not too bad. John Black
> suggested I get the crank cryogenically blah blahed. <G> What do you think?
>
> I'm a mechanical engineer, but this is almost out of the realm of reality.
> As I recall the (really high tech) cryogenic treatment is supposed to help
> surface hardness.

  Is it possible there is a different cryogenic treatment other
than the one for surface hardness?

  Delorean gullwing torsion bars are cryogenically treated, and
this is a job where surface hardness is likely of no value, so I
assume it's for other reasons.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca