Re: Valve Cutouts - Necessary?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Cutouts - Necessary?
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:27:18 +1100
Barney,

Thanks for the info. I realised I'd made a mistake first thing in the AM.
That's what happens when you are up at 2am with blurry vision looking at
websites and typing emails. <G> :)

I think I've decided what to do with the A. I'm fitting +020 flat tops,
machining some weight off the flywheel (after it's crack tested), fitting a
Piper BP285 cam lookalike and having the whole motor balanced. After
re-reading Peter Burgess' book it seems the BP285 will suit my roller
rockers, have a nice amount of lift and provide a decent perf. increase
along with a liveable operating range. Anyone using a 285 care to comment?
The CR will be up at around 9.3:1 but according to PB this is ok, and with
the timing of that cam should be fine. I don't mind running premium fuel
either, it's a fun car after all not my DD. For anyone who's interested, Cam
timing is Inlet: 37-75 Exhaust: 71-41. Cam lift: .281" LSA: 109deg.
Overlap:78deg. Duration: 292.

Cheers,
Neil
--