Re: rebuilding brake M/C

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rebuilding brake M/C
From: "D Stowe" <cessna@speakeasy.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 20:54:53 -0800
I agree, you would be much further along with a new one. I've rebuilt lots
of them, and found out later that the bores weren't true, etc. the cost of
playing around, splashing brake fluid everywhere, then finding out sometime
that the mc I rebuilt just failed while in traffic doesn't excite me as much
as it used to. I would view most rebuilts as suspect too, unless they had a
new brass sleeve put in.
the rear wheel cylinders are also the best deal in town, new ones cost me 8
or 9 dollars, I've seen them cheaper. can't beat the price.

Ted.