Re: Intermittent wire wheel vibration

To: BONNILA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Intermittent wire wheel vibration
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:25:14 -0600
  I ran the left front wire wheel of my B thru a deep pothole at low
speed, with the wheels turned to the right.  After that the front end
vibrated at ~60 mph, smoothed out near 70.  It was smooth as silk before
the pothole incident.  Took the wheel to the tire shop where I bought
the tires, had then installed and balanced a couple of months ago.  It's
still in balance but now it wobbles.

 Sound familiar?  You can draw your own conclusions.  I obtained up some
used wheels, will have them spun at the tire shop and checked for out of
round & runout.

  Good luck,

  CR