Floor replacements

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Floor replacements
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:18:13 -0600
I have a question about floor  panel replacements.  I have a 79 MGB that has
pretty bad floor panels.  The DPO couldn't get the seat bolts our so he just
pried them out, tearing holes in the floor panels.  Do new floor panels need
to be welded in or is riveting them ok?  I believe these panels are
structural and need welded, but I'm not sure.  If they only need riveted, I
can so that.  If they need welded, I'll have to take them someplace.  If
welding is required, what preparation should I do first?  Remove gas and
brake lines?  Anything else?  I've done a lot of things to the LBCs, but
never floor pans.

TIA,

Ken Waringa