Misrepresentation

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Misrepresentation
From: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:32:09 -0500
I can not even begin to tell you how many times I have gone to see car
described as "very good" and "excellent" only to find garbage. I think the
worst was with an ebay fiat spider I won. The seller had posted ten year old
pictures and called it "rust free". I arrived with a tow truck and cash to
find a parts car, at best. I could have dropped tennis balls through the
floor and to the ground in several places. One of the rear springs was
sticking through the floor behind the seats. This was supposed to be a
$1,500 car, the reserve was $1,200. I was pissed, if this had happened 20
years ago I would most likely have been arrested on assault charges. The
funny thing was that the guy thought he had gold. I was walking away and her
said "ok, what's it worth to you?" I replied "nothing" .......... "$100 and
it's your's" he said. I told him he would need to give me $100 and I would
drop the car at the scrap yard for him. The only good thing that came out of
it was that I only had a 2 hour ride and I'm sure I saved the other bidders
a much further trek. I told the seller that I would not post negative
feedback if he did not try and auction it off again.

BUT THEN OF COURSE THERE WAS THE TIME I bought a 1963 Ford Galaxie for $50.
(in 1974). I was told that it had "jumped the timing chain". I got it home
found that the #1 and #2 spark plug wires were reversed, corrected and drove
the car for the next 18 months and 25,000 miles trouble free.

Safety fast,
David Deutsch