Re: Was '75 MGB for sale now travel

To: mrayborn <mrayborn@merlin.ebicom.net>
Subject: Re: Was '75 MGB for sale now travel
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:06:38 -0700 (MST)
I had a story similar to this but my computer dropped my connection just
as I finished, I am too lazy to retype it but in a nutshell.  Had
friends/listers check cars in Ca, Ok, Oh, and some others for me after
discovering I could fit my hand through any part of sills in '74  and I
didn't have the knowhow to fix them.  Found a car in Tulsa (?) OK.  Left
Fri afternoon after work, got there 4am, slept till 10am, looked at car
turned out car had OD on HC engine, A/C, Factory tinted glass, good int.,
NO RUST.  Bought car for $450 and drove home.

Now the car is stripped and has three half dollar sized holes in
footwells, one from A/C drain hose, one from rust, one from sharp
projectile outbound from passenger compartment (gun under seat maybe)  and
the trunk floor is shot from a 16 year old bottle of brake fluid left in
trunk.

I will agree that finding a daily driver isn't all that hard if you have
some cash, but I wanted a shell only for $500 or less cause I am broke and
I didn't need any of the parts for the V8.  These types of cars are harder
to come by (I think) so you often have to be willing to travel.

BTW, Places to drive with the top down:
Peak to Peak Highway from Nederland to Central City (West of Denver)

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange
'74 BGT going by-by soon