Re: Alternator trouble?

To: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator trouble?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:26:09 -0000
If just night-driving is the difference between starting and not starting
next morning then the alternator has to suspected of low output.  Check the
voltage with engine running at fast idle with lights off and lights on, you
should get the same voltage - 13.5v to 14v.  I trust your ignition warning
light is working correctly - very useful in showing charging problems.

PaulH.