Re: MG is reborn?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG is reborn?
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:26:22 EST
In a message dated 00-03-16 18:53:52 EST, doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

<< Never trust a venture capitalist to produce a viable product.  Money is the
 only product they work with.  Humans, products and assets are just a means
 to an end. >>

Unfortunately I must agree.  Guys who do acquisitions know that, and only
that.  Running a business for the long term benefit of the company, its
customers and its employees is not high up on the agenda.  The key words are
"Shareholder Value."  That is the banner these acquisition guys march under,
buying assets, stripping them down to the basics until they produce good
results in the short term, but without a thought towards future growth,
future positioning.
I never thought I'd wish Ford would buy MG, but now it is looking like a
better option.

Jay Donoghue
72 MGB
72 MGB-GT