Re: Sebring

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sebring
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 01:45:29 +0610
RobMGB@aol.com wrote:

>  This Saturday (18 March 2000), that old airfield will once again
>  feel the thunder of highly tuned racing machines battling against
>  each other, the clock, and mechanical entropy.  Once around the
>  clock and many times around the track, racing into the dark of
>  night. >>
>
> Wish I was gonna be there but work etc are keeping me home. Have
> been there about ten times for the cars, the women, and the party.
> I've been cold, wet, sunburned and windburned there. This year the
> entire race is on speedvision.
>
> I suggest we all watch at least a little.

Watch out for the Aussie... those darn Audis pushed Brabham onto the
second row!

Well, guys, I plan to keep in touch with the series because I also plan
to be working at the final race just up the road from my place (in fact
the track is the old F1 Adelaide Grand Prix track that is right in the
heart of Adelaide and literally just five minute's walk from my office
in the city).

As their media release says: "The 12-Hours of Sebring is the opening
round of the Le Mans Series which will culminate in Adelaide's Race of a
Thousand Years on December 31, this year"

http://www.lemansadelaide.com.au

Woo Hoo... what a New Year's Eve this one is going to be!

I will be officiating at this same track in a few week's time for a
major touring car event ( http://www.clipsal500.com.au ).

Ha!  Who needs the F1 Grand Prix (which we had here for ten years)!?
And what a great idea to have major motorsports events in the middle of
town - I could begin to love this little city.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
(if I can't race in it, I gotta be leaning on the barriers)