Re: The future of MG in the states (and everywhere?)

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The future of MG in the states (and everywhere?)
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:05:52 -0800
Word on the street is that Keith Wheeler said:
> Once upon a time MG made it a point to come to a place
> called Sebring, Florida, every year.
>snip
> Damn straight I would.  Maybe once again places like Sebring would have
> guys like me in MGs.  For now, the marque in America is a marque of
> nostalgia, and while the past is okay, I'd like to live today.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What Keith said.
Let's face it, after the pre-war era, MG never had the cash to build
cars that would win outright but could hold their own in their class.
Wouldn't it be nice if maybe even a whole line of new MGs were introduced,
perhaps with a Supercar among them?

Imagine it... MG wins Le Mans.. or Sebring..

PS  http://www.mgb.bc.ca/sport/historic.html
With a couple new entries submitted by none other than John Sprinzel

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)