The future of MG in the states (and everywhere?)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The future of MG in the states (and everywhere?)
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:13:45 -0800
Once upon a time MG made it a point to come to a place
called Sebring, Florida, every year.

At that place on an old World War II bomber base, sports
cars would race for 12 hours straight.  While Ferraris and
Cobras (and later GT-40s and Porsche 917s) were fighting for
top honors, MG's strong presence was felt in the lower classes,
on the bill boards, and in the parking lots.  MG even had
a number of class wins.

This Saturday (18 March 2000), that old airfield will once again
feel the thunder of highly tuned racing machines battling against
each other, the clock, and mechanical entropy.  Once around the clock
and many times around the track, racing into the dark of night.

As it has for many years, the 12 Hours will once again return to
Sebring.

As it has been for many years, sadly, MG will not.

I love old MGs.  I've got far too many to be considered sane.  Would
I want the MGF or even a rebadged Bavarian Made Wreck sold in the
states?

Damn straight I would.  Maybe once again places like Sebring would have
guys like me in MGs.  For now, the marque in America is a marque of
nostalgia, and while the past is okay, I'd like to live today.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/