Re: First time user looking for advise

To: JustBrits@aol.com, judy_brennan@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: First time user looking for advise
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:18:16 EST
In a message dated 3/20/00 9:06:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
JustBrits@aol.com writes:

<<    Get BOTH Haynes AND Bentley!!  Porter as an addition is a good idea,
but I
 will FLAT tell to that BOTH H & B are needed ('course I've only been doing
 this a couple of years<G>).

     There ARE contradictions in each but as a rule they "offset" each other.

 The wiring diagrams in Bentley work.  Most times, Haynes does not. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have to agree with Ed on that one.  I have both for my Midget, and use them
both.  I just had a small electrical problem, which I have decided to fix by
replacing the Lucas 4 fuse box (which is a little rusty) with a new
Littlefuse (modern ATO spade fuse) 5 fuse box.  I have the Haynes book in the
garage with the car and the Bentley at my apartment about a mile away.  I was
going nuts with only one reference book, because I knew the Bentley diagrams
are better, but I was at the car and only had the Haynes manual.

I have now made some more enlarged copies of the Bentley wiring diagrams and
will take them to the garage this weekend.  It's a good idea to make enlarged
copies of the wiring diagram, then use a hiliter pen to mark the circuit you
are trying to fix.

If anybody wants any info about the Littlefuse fuse box, just write.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport