Re: Importance of evaporative tank trap

To: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: Importance of evaporative tank trap
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:18:14 -0500
Enrique Claure wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I noticed that my cars tank venting tube is pluged and the evap tank trap
> is missing. Since I am allowed to do so in my country I built the engine
> desmoged with a side draft weber carb.  Should I be concerned about the
> missing evap trap?

  As long as you have a vent somewhere, you should be ok. The vent
should be thought out a bit, to not be near sparks or electrics.

  If you can make your evap trap work, I would recommend doing so. With
gas prices rising, not only do you keep it out of the air but you
get a few extra miles out of it!

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca