Re: English to American

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>, <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: Re: English to American
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:56:58 -0800
Bob, Bob, Bob.............

Talk about confusing the issue! As an Englishman who has lived in the States
for 32 years, may I offer a further clarification? (Theoretically, I am
bi-lingual............!)

Using your T-series example, the taillight plinth would be the base that
mounts to the fender, while the bezel is, in fact, the chrome trim piece
that holds the lens to the plinth.

This is even clearer on an MGA, where the plinth is a more substantial base
unit that positions the light itself up away from the fender. But the tem
bezel always applies to a chrome rim or decorative piece that (a) hold
something in place and (b) goes around and over another part.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center