Re: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea and now, more of the

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea and now, more of the
From: DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@nyc.yr.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:18:46 -0500
Jim,

I was gonna let this slide but, much to the chagrin of the list I'm sure, I
got a few minutes ...  I'll keep it brief.

1.   None of the current Minivans are a big as the Aerostar - I checked.
2.   Your characterization of SUV owners is quintessential vehicular
bigotry.
3.   Your source on road safety had me ROTFLMAO ? good one!
4.   Little yellow signs hanging in the rear window of cars proclaiming
'Child on board' was a fad.
      SUVs are a trend and I've had one (starting with a 68 Ford Bronco)
since 74.
5.   I believe you're the unsuspecting victim of flawed logic to think that
the roads will be safer without SUVs.
      All things considered, it's the driver not the vehicle that
determines safety.
6.   Regarding my 5 replicates, your obnoxious and obvious distaste for
large families notwithstanding,
      I may or may not be concerned financially, or otherwise, about their
post secondary education.
      Perhaps my kids are benefactors of a substantial trust or perhaps I
believe the world needs less Ph.D.s
       and more ditch diggers.  Either way, your implication is quite
presumptuous.

Jim, the secret word for you today is diversity:-)

Now on with other matters ? anyone know how to sign up for the digest of
shouldidisconnectmydriveshaft.com???

As usual, I'm on the digest so if anyone has already mentioned this, never
mind.

Dr. Doug
69 MG C Roadster
69 MG B Roadster