Re: 80 MGB won't start

To: swimmer@seark.net (Phil Farmer)
Subject: Re: 80 MGB won't start
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:21:30 -0500 (EST)
--WebTV-Mail-32525-1022

Phil

Double check and be really certain your battery is fully charged and
right up to snuff.

When I have seen the symptom you describe there is not enough battery
juice while cranking to give sufficient spark.  Only at the instant you
stop cranking is the voltage available to provide ignition, so it may
kick a little.

With the battery at 100% there is sufficient voltage, even while
cranking, to give the spark needed for starting.

Bruce Burrows

'59 MGA basket case
'60 Daimler SP 250
'61 Daimler SP 250