Re: TF / TD Gearbox Torque Settings and Oil

To: MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com
Subject: Re: TF / TD Gearbox Torque Settings and Oil
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:59:23 EST
MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com writes:

> What type of lubricant is everyone using?  It looks as if 80-90w hypoid
>  gear oil would be okay, but I don't know if it is compatible with the
>  materials used in the synchros and bearings.  Does anyone use Redline
>  MTL?  Thanks.

I switched to Redline MTL in my TD and now the shifting is much smoother.
Redline claims the stuff is safe for brass and copper. (Got Redling in my B
also, same improvement. 10,000 miles so far with no problems.)

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336