Leather seats for a 78B?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Leather seats for a 78B?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:43:01 -0800
I have a 78B, and the door trim & side panels all look fine, but the seats
are getting beat.  I'd really like to try to do a leather seat instead of
the vinyl used in the later B's, but all the catalogs generally just list
vinyl replacement for that car.  Victoria does list leather seats in
Biscuit color (the interior is beigish/tan, whatever that translates
to.  Champagne?  Autumn leaf?), but the Victoria offering is as part of a
whole replacement package, and I don't need the whole thing, just the seats
for now.

Any suggestions?  I've had some bad experiences trying to fit stuff on
seats before, so the
better the kit in terms of ease and instructions, the better for me.

Also, on a side note, Victoria lists a wood dashboard kit that just "glues
on", which seems suspicious to me.  My dash has one-piece vinyl.  Are they
saying the wood pieces glue over the vinyl?  Seems a little tacky.  Or does
it work differently?  I don't see any such offering from Moss.

Thanks in advance

- Tab