Re: Side molding question

To: "Joe Short" <buster_balz@operamail.com>,
Subject: Re: Side molding question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:02:02 +0100
Each section has one nut, otherwise they just pop off/onto dished washers.
Once they nut is loose the strips can be levered off carefully whilst
protecting the paintwork, or given a good pull according to circumstance.
There is (or used to be) a fitting kit for the side mouldings that includes
the nuts and special bolts plus pop-rivets with dished washers.  I found the
pop-rivets were too short to go right through repaired panels (they just
expanded in the hole cracking the paint) so transferred the dished washers
over to longer-reach pop-rivets, which I dipped in Waxoyl before fitting.

PaulH.