Re: Help ! cylinder head to exhaust manifold stud snapped.

To: djw69@idt.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help ! cylinder head to exhaust manifold stud snapped.
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:37:09 EST
Dave;
You misunderstood my question.  It was has anyone ever used an easyout
extractor?
I have seen a tool made for removing broken easyouts.  Fortunately I have
never needed one, it looks like small prongs which will fit into the spaces
created by the flutes of the broken easyout  as it sits in the hole.  I
expect that they will work well, I have never found much resistance when
removing an easyout.  Next time tragedy strikes be aware that there is a tool
to help.

George
'76 MGB driver