Re: Help ! cylinder head to exhaust manifold stud snapped.

To: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: Help ! cylinder head to exhaust manifold stud snapped.
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:48:31 -0800
Your plan has the disadvantage of putting your threads in peril.
There is a device called an Easy-out.  It is conical and reverse
threaded.  You drill a pilot hole then insert the easyout by turning
it anti-clockwise. Eventually it will "bottom out" grab the broken
bit of stud and unscrew it from your head.

You *must* be carefull though that you do not snap off the easy
out. They are hardend tool steel and if you break it off in your
stud, you will be in a world of hurt.

   lrc

--
I regret the mistakes I've made less than the opportunities lost from
risks not taken.