Re: Roll bars

To: mtorrusi@maine.rr.com
Subject: Re: Roll bars
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:36:01 EST
In a message dated 3/29/00 3:54:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mtorrusi@maine.rr.com writes:

<< Does this mean that the of-the-shelf roll bars won't do a good job if we
 roll over during standard driving? (Assuming there is such a thing as a
 standard rollover.  And, if one gets a custom made roll bar,what's your
 protection if you bring it down to half size as you mentioned you would do
 for regular driving.  And, lastly, there seems to be a bit of talk in this
 group about racing.  How do I find out about it? I'm in Portland ME.  And
 someone mentioned pylon racing.  Any info about this? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't know what you mean about "pylon racing," most of us race our cars.
You can veryeasily get into autocrossing, which isn't really racing, but is a
timed event, run on a big parking lot, where you drive thru a course laid out
with pylons.  One car goes at a time.  Fastest time wins.  Insurance
requirements won't allow us to use the "R" word.  It is a test of driving
skill.

Go to www.scca.org and find a region near you.  Then contact the region about
coming to a Solo II event.  Then show up and have fun.  SCCA also sponsers
real races, but the requirements for the car and the driver are a little
tougher.  KISS at first, then get the books and read up.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport