Re: carb suffocating

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carb suffocating
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:23:46 -0700
A word from an ex-chemist:  if you are going to do this, do not heat the
charcoal any more than  slightly higher than the boiling point of water..
Maybe 230 or 240 degrees at the most. And definitely less than an hour. I'm
not sure the ignition point of charcoal but at some point it will ignite
given enough time and heat.

Alternatively, a microwave works if you cook at on high for less than five
minutes. We dried coal using both methods in order to determine moisture
content.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT