Re: motor mounts-eng hoist

To: "Larry Pitts" <FUZZY95687@YAHOO.COM>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: motor mounts-eng hoist
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:05:58 +0100
The drivers side mount can be changed with the rack in situ by turning a
thin spanner over and undoing the nut half a flat at a time.  When refitting
you will have to use something to stick the nut and washer to the spanner to
get the thread started.  I know I fitted the mounts to the engine first but
can't recall getting the drivers side nut to start being particularly
difficult.  Maybe I had the mount off the engine, turned the mount into the
nut to get it started, then fixed it to the block plate after that.  This
was on a factory V8, by the way - just call me 'gyney'.

PaulH.