Re: MGB half-shaft

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB half-shaft
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:37:39 -0600
Thanks to all of you who responded concerning the rear axle shaft. I should
have said it is on and early MGB-GT, so it is the Salisbury/tube axle style.

I'm glad I'm not doing this for wages as the battle is still raging on. I
tried heating the bearing housing and then applying the slide hammer, no
luck. Then I blocked behind the hub with two lengths of steel pipe whilst
torquing on the hub nut. Also a variation of this while heating the bearing
housing.

I haven't yet tried Paul Hunt's suggestion of wedging behind the hub, but
will try that one next.

I'm still open to suggestions if anyone has more.

Thanks,

David