Re: Oh that smell!

To: "MG listerati" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oh that smell!
From: "Lonn and Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:18:01 -0800
Weird, isn't it?  My Triumph and Land Rover also have that smell, albiet,
with the extra added smell of canvas in the Land Rover.  What makes British
cars smell that way?  Maybe that's one of the factors that endears them to
us.  My dad said, after getting in the Land Rover for the first time,
"Jesus, this thing smells just like a British tank I crawled around in
once".   The Saab just smells like leather and the truck just doesn't.
Could it be the Castrol?  As an experiment I could run Castrol in the Saab,
but if the Saab started smelling like the Triumph my wife would kill me...

Lonn Howard
Pasco, WA USA
'67 Land Rover 109 (soon to be V8!!!)
'70 TR6
'70 MG BGT
'89 Saab turbo 'vert
'91 big Chevy truck

"We are just temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."
   Unless we want to throw a big-ass V8 in our Land Rover...   :>)