RE: Tires

To: "'Mromgbtkd@aol.com'" <Mromgbtkd@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Tires
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:40:25 -0800
Why?

        Sorry for a curt answer.  I have used 195/60 14 tires many times.
IMHO the tire is not large enough to fill the wheel well from front to back
and looks a bit daft.  It is also has a smaller rolling circumference than
the stock tire, so fuel mileage and highway noise increases.

        I'm getting conservative in my dotage.  I would use a 185/70 14 or
spend the money and go with a 195/60 15 or lower profile.  Both tires look
like they "belong" on the classic lines of the car.  Both give adequate
grip.

        I have 195/60 14 tires on wheels for my race car.  I don't like the
look, even on a lowered car.

        I've got 195/60 15 tires on the car right now, and again IMHO it
looks bitchin.  Very aggressive with the wheel wells filled up as they
should be.

Kelvin.